Not long to go now until the Rhiwbina Village Festival on 30th June – and following the success of our festival raffle last year, we’re aiming to outdo ourselves at this year’s event!
In-between all the dancing, donkey rides and jam-packed fun, we’ll be selling tickets for our fabulous raffle in aid of FaceUp Cymru – the Head, Neck & Oral Cancer Foundation. We’ve been working really hard amassing a great collection of prizes – and with tickets only £1 a strip, it’s a fantastic chance to win something special.
The prizes revealed!
- Cut and blow-dry from Michelle George
- Glass ornament from Froggadog
- Teeth whitening home kit from Rhiwbina Dental
- Hygiene appointment at Rhiwbina Dental
- Electric toothbrush/goody bag from Rhiwbina Dental
- Flower arrangement from The Florist of Cardiff
- Microdermabrasion treatment at In Skin Hair & Beauty
- Blow Dry from In Skin Hair & Beauty
- Nail treatment from In Skin Hair & Beauty
- Cricket tickets for a T20 game
- Rugby Autumn Internationals: Wales V Australia tickets
- Penderyn whisky
- Lanson Champagne
- Rosé wine
- SlimFit session from Beauty Beyond
- Beauty treatment vouchers from Sadie’s Hair & Beauty Base
- WRU replica rugby ball signed by Wales & British and Irish Lions Captain, Sam Warburton
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne
…and many more prizes to be added!
So why FaceUp Cymru?
FaceUp Cymru supports patients through the journey of head, neck and mouth cancer, helping them to come to terms with their diagnosis and manage their treatment. The charity’s aim is make patients’ lives more comfortable; this might include providing specialist equipment, or funding a dedicated physiotherapist, social worker or clinical nurse who specialises in wound care. It also provides counselling and patient self-help groups to help with confidence building, coping strategies, target setting and coping with disfigurement.
John Hawkins, who established the original Rhiwbina Dental surgery nearly 50 years ago, is a trustee of the charity, having suffered with oral cancer himself. As we still have such a close relationship with John (as do many of our patients), FaceUp Cymru is a charity very close to our hearts.
At the 2016 festival we raised an amazing £1,360.68, and set ourselves a target of beating that last year – and we did it, raising a fantastic £1,420. So spread the word about the Rhiwbina raffle, because we want to outdo ourselves this year!